Warrior 101: Happenings within BCS Classrooms – Elementary W.A.R.R.I.O.R.S Celebration Chapel
by Felicia Henderson
On Wednesday, November 6, our kindergarten through fifth grade students, staff, parents and other visitors celebrated what God is doing in and through our amazing BCS T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More) to glorify Him:
- We have the freedom to teach, disciple, pray, and worship our Lord every day in all classes! Christ is the center of everything we say and do!
- Academics are important, and our students’ TerraNova and Benchmark testing data is showing our students are continually growing in their academics!
- Our staff is amazing! Not only do they love our students and families, but our staff also are willingly sacrificing personal time to grow professionally through summer professional workshops offered at MSU-B; by participating in ongoing training during staff meetings; and most recently, for our in-service, by participating in the Montana Educators’ Convention. Our teachers are continuing to grow to be the best possible educators, using the most current best teaching practices for student-centered learning!
- We are making our school very safe for our students!
- This year, we have two technology portable carts, and we are training our students to use technology safely and educationally, so they will be good digital citizens outside of our school and prepared for their future.
- We are serving others! Not only are our students serving our BCS community by praying and making cards to encourage others, but we also have students who have developed a Kindness Club. In addition to local service, our students and staff have brought in $486.52 for our Thursday Hat Day to directly benefit international children that our school is sponsoring or serving in person through mission journeys.
During the chapel program, students led in worshiping God by presenting songs, artwork, poetry, cheers, and Scripture.