History & Philosophy
We adopt a God-centered view of life — wisdom and knowledge are centered in God, rather than in man. Therefore, our goal is to develop godly characteristics in students based on Biblical morals and values. At the same time, we provide an environment and a program that encourages each child to develop to his/her maximum potential.
Cornerstone Community Church started Billings Christian School in August, 1981 with 42 students. The school became its own 501 (c)(3) tax exempt organization on October 26, 2006. The tax exempt corporation is governed by an independent Board of Directors who represent a cross-section of evangelical churches from the greater Billings area. The corporation shares space with Cornerstone Community Church in order to provide facilities for its K-8 instructional programs. The high school moved to our second campus at 1515 South Shiloh in August 2022.
The Schools engage actively in fundraising endeavors. The highlight of the fundraising activity is the annual spring banquet and auction. Keynote speakers in the past for this event include Tim Tebow, Bobby Bowden, Dave Dravecky, A.C. Green, Kurt Warner, Oliver North, Franklin Graham, and Kirk Cameron.
In January 2005, the Billings Christian School Education Foundation was established to create endowments, generate funds for special projects, and provide scholarships for students.
Expected Student Outcomes
As an academic institution that strives to provide an environment based on a Biblical worldview with the intent to engage students intellectually, physically, and socially, Billings Christian School models its mission after the greatest commandment and aspires to promote this outcome for all its students: “…You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind…and…You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 22:37,39
- 1 Students at BCS will apply God’s Word by exemplifying a personal relationship with God and demonstrating stewardship through Christ’s Godly example.
- 1.1 Accumulate knowledge and understanding of the Bible
- 1.2 Cherish and honor God’s Word and His ordinances, applying these to daily practices
- 1.3 Possess apologetic skills to defend the Christian faith
- 1.4 Validate dedication to Jesus Christ through observable empowerment by the Holy Spirit
- 1.5 Practice responsible stewardship of talents, relationships, and God’s creation
- 2 Students at BCS will evidence accumulation and application of academic skills in their excellence in community, political, and professional daily life.
- 2.1 Acquire proficiency in the academic fundamentals of mathematics, language, science, social studies, physical development, fine arts, and technology so as to be successful in advanced educational programs and professional careers
- 2.2 Apply and effectively articulate critical analysis, problem-solving, and other evaluative thinking and inquiry modalities consistently in light of God’s Word.
- 2.3 Accept and wholeheartedly embrace the concept of being lifelong learners
- 3 Students at BCS will, through engaging in social and relational activities with integrity, seek to be ambassadors for God and for those created in His image.
- 3.1 Exhibit a respectful appreciation of diverse cultures and ethnic groups in order to dispel prejudice and to encourage Biblical hospitality, while seeking to communicate God’s message to all
- 3.2 Adhere to God’s principles of justice, mercy, and peacemaking in all interpersonal interactions
- 3.3 Actively seek to serve in social, civic, and occupational endeavors with humility, responsibility, and integrity
Accreditation Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and COGNIA
Students per Teacher
20 (average per class)
Basketball (5th through 12th grades)
Soccer(HS) (8th through 12th grades)
Golf(HS), Cross Country (5th through 12th grades)
Volleyball, Basketball (5th through 12th grades)
Golf (HS), Cross Country (5th through 12th grades)
Morning 3 year old Preschool (Tu/Th or M/W/F): 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Morning 4 year old Preschool (M/Tu/W/Th/F): 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Kindergarten Readiness Preschool (M/Tu/W/Th/F): 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Kindergarten: 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Elementary School: 1st-4th grades: 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Middle School: 5th-8th grades: 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
High School: 9th-12th grades: 8:25 a.m. – 3:25 p.m.
State Educational Requirements
Meets credits and required classes/subjects needed to graduate.
BCS is dual-accredited through the Association of Christian Education International and Cognia
Diann Floth, Head of School
Stacey Casterline, Prek-8 Academic Dean
Jason Bolt, High School Academic Dean/Chaplain/Athletic Director
Maloree Murphy, Community Relations Director/Foundation Director