High School (9-12)The BCS high school is located on the former Yellowstone Christian College campus. This new campus has allowed us to create a unique experience for our high school students. High School is a place where students are challenged as they discover their talents. Billings Christian School is dually-accredited through Association of Christian Schools International and Cognia (AdvancEd).
During the high school years, our students make deep connections with their teachers and peers. We strive for a tight knit community committed to learning and serving God. Class sizes encourage continual interaction, sharing of ideas, and allows teachers to establish a real rapport with each student.
Jason Bolt, our High School Academic Dean, was asked to share his vision for the new high school campus. Here is what he wants you to know:
Billings Christian High School is building a unique high school experience that prepares students to fulfill God’s calling on their lives. We believe that genuine education only happens coram deo, in the presence of God. Therefore, we aim to bring students face to face with God by studying him and his creation. Using the facilities currently on campus and the planned academic and athletic additions, we aim to create an environment that fosters the pursuit of academic excellence, spiritual maturity, and an all-satisfying joy in God and his gifts. Students’ time at Billings Christian High School will serve as a foundation from which they can pursue post-secondary education, a vocation or further vocational training, service to their community as productive citizens, service in their local church, meaningful friendships, and a family of their own, all with the ultimate goal of magnifying the glory of Jesus Christ who gives meaning to all they do.
Billings Christian School is the safest school I have been to in my educational career. The teachers are kind, the classes are advanced, and the students are kind to each other. – Aiden (10th-grade student)
BCS is a school like no other we have good teachers and good people. I would come every time if I had a choice. I learn a lot and have a lot of fun. – Carter (9th-grade student)
BCS strives to create a loving environment for all kids to be surrounded with whether that’s with teaching or even on free periods. It is a personal school that wants to help each individual grow. – Mili (11th-grade student)
BCS is different from any other school that I have ever seen or attended because of the amount of effort that kids put into their work and how the kids behave. – David (10th-grade student)
The high school curriculum is comprehensive and ensures students have the essential preparation for college and vocation. Challenging curriculum is offered in our high school through advanced science, math, and Bible course work. Elective options are available in foreign language, STEM, speech, art, and music. We offer Dual-Credit College classes to our Juniors and Seniors. Honors courses are offered in English, Physics, Calculus, Algebra III, and all Dual-Credit College classes. Billings Christian School is dually-accredited through Association of Christian Schools International and Cognia.
- Bible – 4 years required
- English – 4 years required
- Mathematics – 3 years required (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Algebra III, Calculus, Consumer Math)
- History – 4 years required (Montana History, U.S. History, World History, U.S. Government, World Geography)
- Science – 3 years required (Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Creation Science, Anatomy)
- Foreign Language (Spanish) – 1 or 2 years of a foreign language recommended
- Fine Arts – Choir, Orchestra, Band, Praise Band, Art
- Physical Education – Health, P.E., Conditioning
- Electives – Christian Leadership, Introduction to Business, Computer Coding/Robotics/STEM lab, Home Economics, Elementary Aide, Financial Peace University, Speech, Debate, Drama, Yearbook, Logic, Internship, Independent Studies
- Dual-credit College – Literature, Contemporary Algebra, Statistics, Western Civilization I and II, Public Speaking, Psychology